Who needs it?
- Property owners who are currently or plan to rent out their property. This could be a vacation home, an investment property, or you may have a small duplex or apartment building. If you are renting it to others, then a landlord policy is a great way to protect your investment.
Why do I need it?
- You need a landlord policy to protect your investment. After all, that’s the main reason we are renting out our properties to begin with. These are often assets that grow in value over time, and they have the potential to bring in monthly income as well. The correct landlord policy is a great way to reduce the risk in landlord property ownership.
- If you have a mortgage or other loan on the property, then it’s very likely your lender requires a homeowners or landlord policy to protect it.
What does it cover?
- Property Coverage – Helps to pay for damage to the structure of your home such as the walls, attached garages, roof, or floors. There is typically a deductible for any claim filed.
- Liability Coverage – As a landlord, this coverage helps pay for medical expenses of your tenet or a guest/visitor if they are injured on the property and you are determined to be at fault. This coverage is often able to assist with legal fees associated with these injuries as well. As with homeowners policies, there is typically a deductible for any claim filed.
- Loss of Income – If the home becomes unlivable due to a covered loss, then this coverage will help pay for lost rental income until the property is livable again.
The Kennedy Agency is here to help…
What makes the Kennedy Agency unique is that we are an Independent Agency. We offer customized solutions to our clients based on your specific requirements and our extensive carrier portfolio. Our goal is to ensure that what we recommend will be the perfect fit for your business.
With over 20 years of experience, we have the knowledge and the carrier lineup to make sure that we can meet all your needs