Who needs it?
- Everyone who owns a home, of course! A home is typically the biggest asset we will own in our lives. There is no better way to protect your investment than a homeowners insurance policy. Whether you own a condo, townhome, or single-family home, live in the city, in the suburbs, or out in the country, you should consider homeowners insurance.
Why do I need it?
- Having the right homeowners insurance protection is about protecting you financially and about protecting what is typically your most valuable asset, your home.
- There are millions of homeowners insurance claims filed each year, primarily related to incidents that you have no control over, such as wind & hail, freezes, fires, or floods. When natural disasters and other hazards impact your home, homeowners insurance will help to mitigate the cost of repairing or replacing your home.
- If you make mortgage payments each month, it’s likely that your lender requires you to carry homeowners insurance.
What does it cover?
Here are some of the most common coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage – Helps to pay for damage to the structure of your home such as the walls, attached garages, roof, or floors. There is typically a deductible for any claim filed.
- Personal Property – Helps to pay for damage or loss of personal belongings that occur because of a covered loss, such as fire or theft. With the right endorsement this coverage may even be used to protect collectible or high value items like jewelry, art, or collectibles.
- Personal Liability – Helps to pay for possible medical expenses of guests or visitors on your property, if they are injured and you or a household member are deemed to be at fault.
- Medical Expenses Coverage – Helps to pay for possible medical expenses of guests or visitors on your property, if they are injured but regardless of who’s at fault.
- Other Structures – Helps to pay for damage to structures on your property that are not connected to the primary living structure. This typically includes decks, patios, detached garages, sheds, or workshops.
- Loss of Use or Additional Living Expenses Coverage – Helps to pay for living expenses if your home becomes unlivable due to a covered loss. While your home is being repaired, this coverage will typically help cover the cost of a hotel, apartment, rental home, or other living accommodations.
The Kennedy Agency is here to help…
What makes the Kennedy Agency unique is that we are an Independent Agency. We offer customized solutions to our clients based on your specific requirements and our extensive carrier portfolio. Our goal is to ensure that what we recommend will be the perfect fit for your business.
With over 20 years of experience, we have the knowledge and the carrier lineup to make sure that we can meet all your needs