Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial Auto Insurance & Trucking Insurance

Who needs it?

  • If you find yourself running your business from your vehicle, then you probably need a Commercial Auto Insurance policy. Commercial Auto Insurance is not just for truck drivers. If you make frequent trips to your clients’ locations, deliver goods, services, or transport people around, then you will typically need a Commercial Auto Insurance policy.

Why do I need it?

  • A personal auto insurance policy may not cover a loss if you drive a vehicle for business purposes. If you own a private passenger vehicle and visit more than a couple vendor, customer, or jobsite locations in a day, then you likely won’t be covered under a personal auto policy.
  • If you operate a commercial rated vehicle or operate under DOT authority, then you are likely required to carry a Commercial Auto Liability policy with specific minimum limits.
  • In many cases, having a Commercia Auto Insurance policy is a way for you to protect an asset to your business. The right coverage will provide you with a replacement vehicle, if yours is involved in a covered loss. It can also reimburse you for damage to your vehicle or provide a settlement for the loss of the vehicle, if due to a covered loss.

What does it cover?

  • Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – Pays for injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are deemed to be at fault. It may also assist with legal defense costs.
  • Property Damage Liability Coverage – Provides protection for you if your vehicle accidentally damages another person’s property.
  • Combined Single Limit Liability – Combines both Bodily Injury Coverage and Property Damage Liability Coverage into a single coverage limit. The policy will have the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence, regardless of the whether there is property damage, personal injury, or the number of parties involved.
  • Medical Payments – Helps to pay for medical expenses incurred for the driver and passengers in your vehicle, as a result of a covered accident and regardless of fault
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Helps pay for the insured driver’s injuries, and some property damage, caused by an uninsured driver, underinsured driver, or a hit-and-run driver.
  • Comprehensive Coverage – Helps pay for the damage or replacement of your vehicle from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils. A deductible is usually paid by the insured for any claims filed.
  • Collision Coverage – Helps pay for the damage or replacement of your vehicle when it hits or is hit by another object. A deductible is usually paid by the insured for any claims filed

The Kennedy Agency is here to help…

What makes the Kennedy Agency unique is that we are an Independent Agency.  We offer customized solutions to our clients based on your specific requirements and our extensive carrier portfolio.  Our goal is to ensure that what we recommend will be the perfect fit for your business.

With over 20 years of experience, we have the knowledge and the carrier lineup to make sure that we can meet all your needs

Get a Quote